Have you ever noticed that when we ask each other how we’re doing that everyone’s default response is busy? Thanks to technology we are more connected than ever to social media, emails, calendar reminders, and a hosts of other “notifications” that keep us plugged in and turned on. We wake up with our cell phones and we go to bed with them at night. Some of us are know for saying, “I thrive under pressure” or “I love the chaos” but never give a second thought to what it is doing to our mental health and overall well being until we are forced to. Eventually our minds and bodies get tired and begin responding in ways that we do not like. In extreme cases it results decreased ability to concentrate, less productivity, fatigue, anxiety attacks, heart health issues, high blood pressure, even stroke. You begin to feel overwhelmed by negative, critical thoughts, fear of failure, fear of something awful happening to you or your loved ones, losing your job, losing your marriage or relationship. Perhaps you have tried self-medicating , numbing, isolating yourself from others and withdrawing from activities or commitments you once enjoyed. After trying everything you can on your own maybe you feel defeated by the stress and anxiety and are just in survival mode.
This does not have to be your story! You can learn strategies for decreasing stress, anxiety and/or depression that will also improve your focus, productivity, success, relationships and overall quality of life! You can find pleasure and joy in living again. You can enjoy healthier, happier and more meaningful connections with others.
Imagine living a life where you can be successful at work without putting endless amounts of pressure on yourself. Imagine living a life where you have a healthy work life blend that enables you to be a successful professional, mom, dad, husband & wife without compromising your identity! Imagine being at peace with your thoughts instead of frightened or controlled by them.
- Therapy will help you make sense of your thoughts, identify triggers for anxiety, and negative thought patterns that contribute to feelings of anxiety and depression
- You will learn how to challenge negative thoughts and replace them with more realistic ones
- You will learn how to activate changes in your thoughts and feelings through small but powerful changes in your behavior
- You will gain understanding of your stress response, triggers for anxiety and how to rewire your flight or fight responses.
- You will learn how to cope with distressing thoughts through mindfulness and relaxation strategies
Let’s begin doing this important work together, today!