Our family affects who we are and who we become, both for the better and for worse. We learn our vocabulary, our habits, our customs and rituals, and how to view and observe the world around us.
Anyone seeking healthier, closer family relationships can benefit from family therapy.
Common reasons for pregnant & parenting families seek therapy:
- New Parent Anxiety & Baby Blues
- Post-partum depression
- Co-parenting challenges
- Parent-child conflict
- Problems between siblings
- Domestic violence
- Unexpected or traumatic loss of a family member
Family therapy is necessary to address family issues and heal a family’s wounds. If any of the above scenarios resonates with your family, consider seeking family therapy. Family therapy can be beneficial on many different levels.
Some positive family therapy outcomes are:
- Strategies to develop and maintain boundaries
- Fostered sense of cohesion and communication among family members
- Promotes problem solving through understanding of family patterns and dynamics
- Builds empathy and understanding.
- Reduces family conflict
- Cohesive, supportive co-parenting relationships
Studies show that family therapy is particularly important for families with members who struggle with substance abuse, eating disorders and other behavioral issues. When the whole family grows, each member is better off.
Let me help your family restore balance, heal, & rebuild a stronger foundation. Begin your journey toward wholeness and healing by contacting me today.